Content Policy for Types of Document and Datasets to Be Deposited
- This is the Institutional Repository System for Chinese American Librarians Association (CALASYS)
- CALASYS is restricted to materials that document the scholarly research, intellectual pursuit, best practice, and professional growth of CALA members, other Chinese-American librarians, and scholars and researchers who contribute to Chinese culture with related library and information science materials, as well as institutional development of CALA and its chapter organizations.
- Deposited items may include:
Official/formal publications, including journal articles, book chapters, monographs.
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to publisher for review)
- accepted versions (author's final reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
Research, reports, thesis and dissertations, audio/video publications, and informal publications, such as:
- pre-publications and data
- presentation slides
- unpublished research reports
- technical documents
- courses and teaching documents or data on LIS education
Dataset (a collection of quantitative data, e.g., spreadsheet or XML data file), and others (something within the scope of the repository but not covered by the other categories)
Submission Policy Concerning Depositors, Quality, and Copyright
- Items may only be deposited by valid contributors and approved by CALASYS Manager.
- Complete bibliographic information must be provided for all deposited items.
- The author/contributor is solely responsible for the authenticity of the content of the deposited item.
- The author/contributor may set level of access to individual files (for instance, to CALA members only, or open to users worldwide).
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/contributors.
- If CALASYS receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- CALA members and other valid contributors may deposit their items to this repository system. For details, please refer to the document How to Contribute. Please note, by depositing your documents, you agree to these terms as set forth in the Author Agreement.
Data Use Policy
- Contents of the CALASYS are accessible to public free of charge.
- Contents of the CALASYS are to be used for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes. Prior permission or fee is not needed for such usage as long as a citation to the original metadata record is given.
- Contents of the CALASYS must not be re-used for commercial purpose or sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.